Sökning: "Niklas Arnberg"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 11 avhandlingar innehållade orden Niklas Arnberg.
1. The glycobiology of human adenovirus infections : implications for tropism and treatment
Sammanfattning : Human adenoviruses (HAdVs) are common human pathogens, causing gastrointestinal, ocular, and respiratory infections on a regular basis. Epidemic keratoconjunctivitis (EKC) is a severe ocular infection for which no approved antivirals are available. LÄS MER
2. Rotavirus Disease Mechanisms Diarrhea, Vomiting and Inflammation : How and Why
Sammanfattning : Rotavirus infections cause diarrhea and vomiting that can lead to severe dehydration. Despite extensive tissue damage and cell death, the inflammatory response is very limited. LÄS MER
3. Tailored conjugates of N-acetylneuraminic acid and small molecules that block virus cell attachment and entry
Sammanfattning : Viruses are obligate intracellular parasites, unable to replicate without exploiting machinery andmaterials from host cells. Pandemics of viral diseases have had large impacts on human socieities and are continued threats to global health. LÄS MER
4. Adenovirus-host interactions : implications for tropism and therapy
Sammanfattning : Human adenoviruses (HAdVs) are common viruses often associated withgastrointestinal, ocular and respiratory infections. They can infect a widevariety of cells, both dividing and non-dividing. HAdVs attach to and infecttarget cells through interactions with cellular receptors. LÄS MER
5. Cellular receptors for species B adenoviruses
Sammanfattning : Adenoviruses belong to the most common human pathogens. The severity of infection varies greatly, from subclinical to lethal, depending on the virus type and immune status of the infected host. The 51 known human adenovirus serotypes are divided into six species (A-F) based on characteristics such as tropism. LÄS MER