Sökning: "New Zealand literature"
Hittade 5 avhandlingar innehållade orden New Zealand literature.
1. Materialisations of a Woman Writer : An Investigation of Gender Politics in Janet Frame's Biographical LegendDetta är en avhandling från Department of English, Stockholm University, Stockholm
Sammanfattning : This study deals with interpretative procedures in literary studies that implicitly or explicitly rely on biographical information. Most often, readings either presuppose the sovereignty of the author or claim that biographical data is not at all relevant. Both these stances are problematic. LÄS MER
2. The Sacrificial Child in Maori Literature: Narratives of Redemption by Keri Hulme, Patricia Grace, Witi Ihimaera, and Alan DuffDetta är en avhandling från Department of English, Stockholm University, Stockholm
Sammanfattning : This study is an examination of the theme of the sacrificial child in four of the most well-known novels by Maori authors published in the 1980s and 1990s: Keri Hulme’s The Bone People (1983), Patricia Grace’s Potiki (1986), Witi Ihimaera’s The Whale Rider (1987), and Alan Duff’s Once Were Warriors (1990). The motif of a special child whose death is the pivotal event of the narrative functions partly as a symbol of the destructive marginalization of the Maori people in colonial and postcolonial New Zealand, but it is also given a redemptive significance in that, in all the novels, the child’s death has the effect of healing and strengthening its community or family. LÄS MER
3. (Re-)shaping regional economies : Regional innovation system dynamics and new industrial path developmentDetta är en avhandling från Lund University
Sammanfattning : This dissertation explores the complexities of regional economic restructuring. It casts a light on how regional environments are ‘reconfigured’ in relation to the transformation of existing regional industries and the development of new ones. LÄS MER
4. State building in the colonial era: Public revenue, expenditure and borrowing patterns in the Cape Colony, 1820-1910Detta är en avhandling från Stellenbosch University
Sammanfattning : We now know that state formation experiences outside Europe were not merely attenuated or failed versions of the European experiences (Herbst, 2000; Hoffman, 2015; Johnson and Koyama, 2016). The diverse paths taken towards the modern state imply that existing knowledge on state formation processes can be enhanced by integrating the experiences of Africa and other developing regions. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University
Sammanfattning : Taxation is a key activity of any state and a constant point of political struggle. The structure of taxation is continuously changing and evolving, and its size has grown dramatically during the last two hundred years. LÄS MER