Sökning: "Natural Sciences Earth and Related Environmental Sciences Geology"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 554 avhandlingar innehållade orden Natural Sciences Earth and Related Environmental Sciences Geology.
1. Characterization of the structure, stratigraphy and CO2 storage potential of the Swedish sector of the Baltic and Hanö Bay basins using seismic reflection methodsDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : An extensive multi-channel seismic dataset acquired between 1970 and 1990 by Oljeprospektering AB (OPAB) has recently been made available by the Geological Survey of Sweden (SGU). This thesis summarizes four papers, which utilize this largely unpublished dataset to improve our understanding of the geology and CO2 storage capacity of the Baltic and Hanö Bay basins in southern Sweden. LÄS MER
2. Fluid migration and brittle tectonothermal evolution in the central Fennoscandian Shield - recorded by fracture minerals and wall rock alterationDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : The Forsmark area in central Sweden has been investigated as a potential geological host for a final repository of spent nuclear fuel by the Swedish Nuclear Fuel and Waste Management Company (SKB). High quality drill core material from the upper 1 km of the central Fennoscandian Shield has been obtained during the site investigations and has provided a unique opportunity for detailed fracture mineralogical investigations. LÄS MER
3. Multidisciplinary Near-Surface Investigation of a Quick-Clay Landslide Prone Area in Southwest SwedenDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Quick-clay landslides are considered one of the most important geohazards in Sweden, Norway, and Canada. The deposits involved are glacial and postglacial clays and silty clays, which are very sensitive to increased stress that may collapse their structure and cause liquefaction. LÄS MER
4. Sustainable Arsenic Mitigation A Strategy for Scaling-up Safe Water Access A Strategy for Scaling-up Safe Water AccessDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : In rural Bangladesh, the drinking water supply is mostly dependent upon manually operated hand pumped tubewells, installed by the local community. The presence of natural arsenic (As) in groundwater and its wide scale occurrence has drastically reduced the safe water access across the country and put tens of millions of people under health risk. LÄS MER
5. Quaternary paleoceanography of the Arctic Ocean A study of sediment stratigraphy and physical propertiesDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Geology and Geochemistry, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : A Quaternary perspective on the paleoceanographic evolution of the central Arctic Ocean has been obtained in this PhD thesis by studying sediment cores from all of the Arctic’s major submarine ridges and plateaus. The included cores were mainly recovered during the Healy-Oden Trans-Arctic expedition in 2005 and the Lomonosov Ridge off Greenland expedition in 2007. LÄS MER