Sökning: "NGO activism"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 6 avhandlingar innehållade orden NGO activism.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Civil society activism in traditional non-governmental organizations (NGOs) is seen as one of the cornerstones of a vibrant participatory liberal democracy in most Western democratic states. Whereas this issue has been explored from a variety of perspectives in a Western context, only limited research has been carried out in a post-Soviet context. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro universitet
Sammanfattning : This study investigates how different kinds of non-governmental organisations (NGOs), operating in different national political contexts, perceive and use the Internet as a political space. The political space concept, as defined here, encompasses two dimensions of Internet use: one external, where organisations use the Internet for online activism and campaigning, and one internal, signifying organisational use of the Internet to promote engagement and interactivity with members and/or supporters. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Social Anthropology, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This study sets out to understand how international development projects supporting labor activism work in contemporary China. It focuses on the lived experiences of and relationships among a group of grassroots labor NGOs in the province of Guangdong, South China; intermediary NGOs in Hong Kong; and Western funding agencies that try to bring about social change in postsocialist China where the political climate is still highly restrictive and the limits of the state’s tolerance for activism are ambiguous and uncertain. LÄS MER
4. Call for Protection Situating Journalists in Post-Cold War Romania in a Global Media Development DiscourseDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Acta Universitatis Stockholmiensis
Sammanfattning : This study deals with the development of journalism in post-Cold War Romania, and it does so with a particular interest in the transnational dimension this entails.Many NGOs and international organizations are currently seeking to monitor journalists’ situations in countries around the world, while at the same time aiming at having the whole world aligned with international standards of the journalistic profession. LÄS MER
5. Patronage, Politics and Pollution : precarious NGO-state relationships : urban environmental issues in south IndiaDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping university Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Rapid urban population growth is a striking feature for most cities in developing countries. Such demographic change, compounded by political power structures, industrialisation and culture, pose big institutional challenges in coping with urban environments. LÄS MER