Sökning: "NATURVETENSKAP Biologi Övrig biologi Bioinformatik"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 20 avhandlingar innehållade orden NATURVETENSKAP Biologi Övrig biologi Bioinformatik.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH
Sammanfattning : This thesis is about the use of massive DNA sequencing to investigate the transcriptome. During recent decades, several studies have made it clear that the transcriptome comprises a more complex set of biochemical machinery than was previously believed. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Accurate predictions of protein structure are important for understanding many processes in cells. The interactions that govern protein folding and structure are complex, and still far from completely understood. However, progress is being made in many areas. Here, efforts to improve the overall quality of protein structure models are described. LÄS MER
3. The Nucleosome as a Signal Carrying Unit From Experimental Data to Combinatorial Models of Transcriptional ControlDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The human genome consists of over 3 billion nucleotides and would be around 2 meters long if uncoiled and laid out. Each human somatic cell contains all this in their nucleus which is only around 5 µm across. This extreme compaction is largely achieved by wrapping the DNA around a histone octamer, the nucleosome. LÄS MER
4. Characterization and Evolution of Transmembrane Proteins with Focus on G-protein coupled receptors in Pre-vertebrate SpeciesDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs) are one of the largest protein families in mammals. GPCRs are instrumental for hormonal and neurotransmitter signalling and are important in all major physiological systems of the body. LÄS MER
5. Decoding the Structural Layer of Transcriptional Regulation Computational Analyses of Chromatin and Chromosomal AberrationsDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Gene activity is regulated at two separate layers. Through structural and chemical properties of DNA – the primary layer of encoding – local signatures may enable, or disable, the binding of proteins or complexes of them with regulatory potential to the DNA. LÄS MER