Sökning: "NATURAL SCIENCES Physics Other physics Mathematical physics"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 143 avhandlingar innehållade orden NATURAL SCIENCES Physics Other physics Mathematical physics.
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Chalmers University of Technology and University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : This thesis is a compilation of four papers in which mathematical reasoning is examined in various contexts, in which mathematics is an integral part. It is known from previous studies that a focus on rote learning and procedural mathematical reasoning hamper students’ learning of mathematics. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : By analysing and expanding upon mathematical reasoning requirements in physics tests, this licentiate thesis aims to contribute to the research studying how students’ knowledge in mathematics influence their learning of physics. A sample of physics tests from the Swedish National Test Bank in Physics was used as data, together with information of upper secondary students’ scores and grades on the tests. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Global Energy Systems, Department for Physics and Astronomy, Uppsala University
Sammanfattning : Oil is the black blood that runs through the veins of the modern global energy system. While being the dominant source of energy, oil has also brought wealth and power to the western world. Future supply for oil is unsure or even expected to decrease due to limitations imposed by peak oil. Energy is fundamental to all parts of society. LÄS MER
4. On string integrability A journey through the two-dimensional hidden symmetries in the AdS/CFT dualitiesDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : One of the main topics in the modern String Theory are the conjectured string/gauge (AdS/CFT) dualities. Proving such conjectures is extremely difficult since the gauge and string theory perturbative regimes do not overlap. In this perspective, the discovery of infinitely many conserved charges, i.e. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Physics, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : A rigorous formalism for solving the Coulomb scattering problem is presented in this thesis. The approach is based on splitting the interaction potential into a finite-range part and a long-range tail part. In this representation the scattering problem can be reformulated to one which is suitable for applying exterior complex scaling. LÄS MER