Sökning: "NATURAL SCIENCES Earth sciences"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 2295 avhandlingar innehållade orden NATURAL SCIENCES Earth sciences.
1. Learning-by-modeling Novel Computational Approaches for Exploring the Dynamics of Learning and Self-governance in Social-ecological SystemsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Stockholm Resilience Centre, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : As a consequence of global environmental change, sustainable management and governance of natural resources face critical challenges, such as dealing with non-linear dynamics, increased resource variability, and uncertainty. This thesis seeks to address some of these challenges by using simulation models. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Stockholm Resilience Centre, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Nitrogen (N) is a fundamental element for life, and limiting in many terrestrial ecosystems. In non-N-fertilized ecosystems, the N inputs can be low, and the nutrient availability for plants is determined by the internal cycling of N. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Global initiatives regarding environmental change have increasingly become part of political agendas and of our collective imagination. In order to form sustainable societies, education is considered crucial by organizations such as the United Nations and the European Union. LÄS MER
4. Development of a Risk-Based Decision Model for Prioritizing Microbial Risk Mitigation Measures in Drinking Water SystemsDetta är en avhandling från ; Chalmers tekniska högskola; Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : Risk management of drinking water systems is crucial since our society relies on these systems to be robust and sustainable to supply safe drinking water now and to future generations. Pathogens may spread in drinking water systems and cause waterborne outbreaks resulting in human suffering and large costs to the society. LÄS MER
5. Seeing and Knowing the Earth as a System An Effective History of Global Environmental Change Research as Scientific and Political PracticeDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Previous research connecting scientific knowledge production with governing of the global environment usually start in international climate change negotiations and related assessments. From that vantage point Earth system science and models are studied as an expansion of Global Circulation Models. LÄS MER