Sökning: "NATURAL SCIENCES Chemistry Biochemistry Structural biology"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 171 avhandlingar innehållade orden NATURAL SCIENCES Chemistry Biochemistry Structural biology.
1. Unveiling Mechanistic Details of Macromolecular Interactions: Structural Design and Molecular Modelling of DNA-Protein Systems in Their Active State
Sammanfattning : Molecular structure is fundamental for understanding mechanisms of molecular interactions. This applies not least to understanding biological function: every biological cell, whether bacterial or human, is an immensely complex system of thousands of molecules that exist in constant motion and interaction with each other. LÄS MER
2. Prediction of zinc-binding sites in proteins and efficient protein structure description and comparison
Sammanfattning : A large number of proteins require certain metals to stabilize their structures or to function properly. About one third of all proteins in the Protein Data Bank (PDB) contain metals and it is estimated that approximately the same proportion of all proteins are metalloproteins. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The extracellular matrix is (ECM) is a network of large, structural proteins and polysaccharides, important for cellular behavior, tissue development and maintenance. Present thesis describes work exploring ECM as scaffolds for tissue engineering by manipulating cells cultured in vitro or by influencing ECM expression in vivo. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Thiopurine S-methyltransferase (TPMT) belongs to the Class I S-adenosylmethionine-dependent methyltransferase (SAM-MT) super family of structurally related proteins. Common to the members of this large protein family is the catalysis of methylation reactions using S-adenosylmethionine (SAM) as a methyl group donor, although SAM-MTs act on a wide range of different substrates and carry out numerous biologically important functions. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University, Faculty of Science, Department of Chemistry, Division of Biochemistry and Structural Biology
Sammanfattning : Small heat shock proteins (sHsps) are found in all organisms and evolved early in the history of life, prior to the divergence of the three domains of life (Archaea, Bacteria, and Eukarya). Their malfunction is connected to several different diseases in humans, such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. LÄS MER