Sökning: "N-acetylneuraminic acid"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 6 avhandlingar innehållade orden N-acetylneuraminic acid.
1. Tailored conjugates of N-acetylneuraminic acid and small molecules that block virus cell attachment and entry
Sammanfattning : Viruses are obligate intracellular parasites, unable to replicate without exploiting machinery andmaterials from host cells. Pandemics of viral diseases have had large impacts on human socieities and are continued threats to global health. LÄS MER
2. Some New Methods in Sialic Acid Chemistry
Sammanfattning : Gangliosides (G) are sialic acid-containing cell surface glycosphingolipids capable of forming lactones, i.e. inner esters. Some gangliosides are tumor-associated antigens, and they may serve as immunogens in their lactone form, where the latter is comparatively more abundant on the surface of malignant cells. LÄS MER
3. Synthesis of N-acetylneuraminic acid derivatives and studies of their interaction with Vibro cholerae neuraminidase
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
4. The glycobiology of human adenovirus infections : implications for tropism and treatment
Sammanfattning : Human adenoviruses (HAdVs) are common human pathogens, causing gastrointestinal, ocular, and respiratory infections on a regular basis. Epidemic keratoconjunctivitis (EKC) is a severe ocular infection for which no approved antivirals are available. LÄS MER
5. Glycan-based interactions of Streptococcus pneumoniae and the host
Sammanfattning : Streptococcus pneumoniae is commonly found as an asymptomatic colonizer of the nasopharynx of children, but it can also translocate to normally sterile body sites and cause severe diseases, like pneumonia, septicemia or meningitis. Pneumococci spread via aerosols. LÄS MER