Sökning: "Mineral dust"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 12 avhandlingar innehållade orden Mineral dust.
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå university
Sammanfattning : Objectives: In a working environment it is important to measure dust exposure to evaluate possible health issues. Passive sampling could be an alternative to active sampling with pumps when measuring occupational dust exposure. One passive sampler is the University of North Carolina passive aerosol sampler (UNC sampler). LÄS MER
2. Reconstruction of Holocene atmospheric mineral dust deposition from raised peat bogs in south–central SwedenDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Geological Sciences, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Atmospheric mineral dust plays a dynamic role in the climate system acting both as a forcing and a feedback mechanism. To date, the majority of paleodust studies have been conducted on marine sediments or polar ice cores, while terrestrial deposition has been less studied. LÄS MER
3. Air quality assessment and pollution measurements in a typical Sub-Sahara African city: Nairobi, KenyaDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg
Sammanfattning : Exposure to air pollution is detrimental to human health and is reported to cause about 7 million premature deaths in 2012 according to the World Health Organization. In sub-Sahara Africa (SSA) cities, air quality issue is complex due to challenges resulting from the rapid growth of urban population, poor infrastructure development and an exponential increase in number of vehicles. LÄS MER
4. Chemical exposures, biological monitoring and cancer risks in Swedish aluminium foundries and remelting plantsDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : In aluminium foundries and remelting plants, a wide range of chemical agents are formed and emitted, including some highly toxic organochlorine compounds. This thesis explores emissions and exposures, as well as worker risk of porphyria and cancer. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå University
Sammanfattning : Minerals in Earth’s crust and suspended in the atmosphere form water or ice films as thin as a few nanometers to as thick as a few micrometers, and beyond. Mineral-bound water and ice films in terrestrial systems (e.g. LÄS MER