Sökning: "Membership Category"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7 avhandlingar innehållade orden Membership Category.
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University
Sammanfattning : This dissertation analyses the narrated life stories of Swedish Hungarian women, sharing the numerous values and experiences of Hungarian exiles. With the help of interview transcripts of five women from the first generation of Hungarians living in exile in southern Sweden, the study presents seldom-discussed angles of ascertained membership in the Hungarian nation, moving beyond traditional definitions of ethnic belonging, official census figures, and organizational categorizations. LÄS MER
2. Sociala kategoriseringar i samspel Hur kön, etnicitet och generation konstitueras i ungdomars samtalDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Acta Universitatis Stockholmiensis
Sammanfattning : The aim of the thesis is to show how gender, ethnicity and generation membership categories are constituted in talk-in-interaction. The main material comprises seven video recordings of multi-participant conversations among school pupils, aged 16 to 19.An important theoretical term is intersectionality, i.e. LÄS MER
3. Accounting for Culture, Language and Identity in Educational Discourses : The Case of Indigenous Sámi in Finland, Sweden and NorwayDetta är en avhandling från Griffith University
Sammanfattning : This research project examines the enactment of various versions of the concept of ‘culture’ in education policy and practice. Its interest lies in how indigenous Sámi culture is manifest in three different national, linguistic and education administration sites: Finland, Sweden and Norway. LÄS MER
4. "Den dyrkade Lasse och stackars lilla Lotta" en syntaktisk-semantisk studie av personbeskrivande adjektiv och adverb i populära ungdomsböckerDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : The main aim of this study is to examine how characterizations of persons in books for children and adolescents relate to traditional sex role patterns and to determine if there is any difference in this respect between books for girls and books for boys as well as between popular books and quality books.Eight books for girls, eight books for boys, and four books for both girls and boys are examined. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The theoretical point of departure in this dissertation proposes that the liberal welfare state includes a fundamental logic of integration, viewing the attainment of social equality between different categories in society as a main condition for social integration. But how can this logic of integration be applied to a multicultural society? Is trying to achieve equal access to certain socio-economic standards sufficient, or does cultural diversity call for other measures in order to fulfill the aim of equality and integration?In this study it is argued that the liberal welfare state in a multicultural society is confronted with three tensions. LÄS MER