Sökning: "Mathematical discourse"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 25 avhandlingar innehållade orden Mathematical discourse.
1. Approaching Mathematical Discourse Two analytical frameworks and their relation to problem solving interactionsDetta är en avhandling från Västerås : Mälardalens högskola
Sammanfattning : The driving force of conducting the two studies presented in this thesis is to examine ways that conceptual understanding and problem solving could be part of mathematics teaching, and through that, part of students' mathematical knowledge. The specific aims of the thesis are: 1) to characterize the classroom discourse of two, apparently similar, problem solving courses in teacher education and 2) to discuss the possibilities of developing two analytical approaches - the communicational approach to cognition and the dialogical approach - used for studying mathematical discourse. LÄS MER
2. Traces of Mathematical Facts and Students’ Understanding of the Concept `Quadrilateral´ An enquiry into young students’ communicationDetta är en avhandling från Luleå tekniska universitet
Sammanfattning : Mathematics could be described as a special kind of language, a discourse in which participants communicate abstract concepts. Communication and language are known to be important factors in teaching and learning but little is known about neither communication between students in relation to geometrical concepts, nor what traces of mathematical facts and understanding is incorporated into their communication. LÄS MER
3. Perceptions of mathematics in preschool: "-Now we have a way of talking about the mathematics that we can work with"Detta är en avhandling från Luleå tekniska universitet
Sammanfattning : The overarching question for this thesis is what is preschool mathematics? This question is examined using different points of views or different perspectives such as the children’s, the preschool teachers and the researchers. The foundation for this thesis is seven articles, two single author articles and five co-authored articles. LÄS MER
4. Engagement in Medical Research Discourse: A Multisemiotic Discourse-Semantic Study of Dialogic PositioningDetta är en avhandling från Göteborgs universitet
Sammanfattning : This study investigates how medical researchers engage with a background of prior and anticipated utterances in a collection of highly cited English-language medical research articles. Taking a multisemiotic, systemic-functional approach, I examine the verbal, visual, and mathematical resources used by medical research writers to construe, engage with, and position themselves in relation to a dialogic background of different voices, positions, and propositions. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund : Studentlitteratur
Sammanfattning : The aim of this dissertation is to describe and analyze how discourse as a theoretical and didactical concept can help in advancing knowledge about the teaching of mathematics in school. The dissertation has been written within a socio-cultural perspective where active participation and support from artefacts and mediation are viewed as important contributions to the development of understanding. LÄS MER