Sökning: "Maternal effects"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 282 avhandlingar innehållade orden Maternal effects.
1. Maternal programming: costs, benefits and constraints of maternal hormone transfer
Sammanfattning : Avian mothers convey significant quantities of androgens (i.e. ?male? steroids) to their eggs, which are known to positively influence embryonic development, post-natal growth and competitive behaviour of the offspring. However, there is large inter-female variation in the amount of androgens transferred to the eggs. LÄS MER
2. Maternal Separation in Rats : An Experimental Model for Long-Term Effects of Early Life Experiences on Neurochemistry, Voluntary Ethanol Intake and Exploration and Risk Assessment Behavior
Sammanfattning : The period of early life is important for the development of individual brain function and behavior. Human studies have shown altered vulnerability to develop psychopathology and/or excessive drug intake, possibly leading to dependence, as a consequence of early life experiences. LÄS MER
3. Evolutionary consequences of maternal effects and stress
Sammanfattning : Maternal effects occur when maternal environment or phenotype influence offspring phenotype, in addition to genetic contribution of the mother. As maternal effects often influence phenotypes that are under natural selection, they hence have evolutionary consequences. LÄS MER
4. Maternal Separation in the Rat : The Short- and Long-term effects of Early-life Experience on Neuropeptides, Monoamines and Voluntary Ethanol Consumption
Sammanfattning : Early-life experience has profound effects on the individual’s neurobiology and behaviour later in life. The rodent animal experimental model maternal separation (MS) was used to study this more in detail. The MS model involves short and prolonged postnatal separations simulating an emotionally safe and stressful environment, respectively. LÄS MER
5. Early Experience, Maternal Care and Behavioural Test Design : Effects on the Temperament of Military Working Dogs
Sammanfattning : Domestication has resulted in animals with broad variations between as well as within breeds, which allows for the selection and breeding of animals for preferred traits. This selection has affected both the genotypes and phenotypes of animals. LÄS MER