Sökning: "Management sourcing"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 26 avhandlingar innehållade orden Management sourcing.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH
Sammanfattning : The younger generation is often expected to be part of changes in management gender distribution, concepts of leadership and gender power relations. Parallel with this, there are ongoing gender segregation processes within the organisations resulting in the dominance of men among managers. LÄS MER
2. Responsibility in the Supply Chain: Interorganisational management of environmental and social aspects in the supply chain - Case studies from the textile sectorDetta är en avhandling från The International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics
Sammanfattning : This thesis is about the intersection between Corporate Social Responsibility and Supply Chain Management. I call this upstream CSR, the phenomenon that arises when an issue on a company’s CSR agenda becomes an issue for its sourcing and supply management operations. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköpings universitet
Sammanfattning : Strategic sourcing (i.e. relationship, sourcing and negotiation strategies) has, by the introduction of the Internet and e-business, get hold of a variety of possibilities supporting the classical sourcing guiding principle, such as electronic marketplaces, reversed e-auctions, online communication tools, software agents and the like. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Supply chains have expanded rapidly over the decades, with the aim to increase productivity, lower costs and fulfil demands in emerging markets. The increasing complexity in a supply chain hinders visibility and consequently reduces one’s control over the process. LÄS MER
5. Towards a Framework for Relational-Oriented Management of Information Systems Outsourcing Key Conditions Connected to Actors, Relationships and ProcessDetta är en avhandling från Karlstad : Karlstads universitet
Sammanfattning : Currently, client and supplier firms are struggling with how they can make their information systems (IS) outsourcing engagements more valuable. This research points to the importance of successful practice and outcome in IS outsourcing for achieving engagements of value. LÄS MER