Sökning: "MATHEMATICS Applied mathematics Mathematical statistics"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 125 avhandlingar innehållade orden MATHEMATICS Applied mathematics Mathematical statistics.
- Detta är en avhandling från Västerås : Mälardalen University
Sammanfattning : Matrices whose rows (or columns) consists of monomials of sequential powers are called Vandermonde matrices and can be used to describe several useful concepts and have properties that can be helpful for solving many kinds of problems. In this thesis we will discuss this matrix and some of its properties as well as a generalization of it and how it can be applied to curve fitting discharge current for the purpose of ensuring electromagnetic compatibility. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Linnéuniversitet
Sammanfattning : Brownian motion has met growing interest in mathematics, physics and particularly in finance since it was introduced in the beginning of the twentieth century. Stochastic processes generalizing Brownian motion have influenced many research fields theoretically and practically. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Centre for Mathematical Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : This thesis consists of five papers (A-E). In Paper A, we study transient properties of the queue length process in various queueing settings. We focus on computing the mean and the Laplace transform of the time required for the queue length starting at $x0. We define the loss rate due to the reflection. LÄS MER
4. Approximating Stochastic Partial Differential Equations with Finite Elements: Computation and AnalysisDetta är en avhandling från Centre for Mathematical Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Stochastic partial differential equations (SPDE) must be approximated in space and time to allow for the simulation of their solutions. In this thesis fully discrete approximations of such equations are considered, with an emphasis on finite element methods combined with rational semigroup approximations. LÄS MER
5. Towards Precision Medicine: Exploiting Genetic Variation in Tumours by Inferring Multitype Gene Regulatory NetworksDetta är en avhandling från Centre for Mathematical Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Precision medicine aims to customize treatment to a patient given measured genetic or other molecular data for diagnostics. In cancer, optimal medical treatment, depends on how far the disease has progressed, type and subtype of cancer and, the individual tumor’s circumstances. LÄS MER