Sökning: "Library and Information Studies"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 128 avhandlingar innehållade orden Library and Information Studies.
- Detta är en avhandling från Borås : Institutionen Biblioteks- och informationsvetenskap/Bibliotekshögskolan, Högskolan i Borås och Göteborgs universitet
Sammanfattning : The purpose of the thesis is to investigate planning processes for academic library buildings and the outcomes of such processes. This is accomplished through a case study utilising discourse analysis. LÄS MER
2. Tensions and Contradictions in Information Management. An Activity-theoretical Approach to Information Activities in a Swedish Youth-Peace OrganisationDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborg University
Sammanfattning : The thesis aims to contribute to the research on the management and use of information in organisations by providing a holistic understanding of the various information practices and needs as well as attitudes towards information at different levels in the broader socio-historical context of a specific organisation. To this end, findings and approaches from research traditions in library and information science, management studies and organisational theory are combined in an activity-theoretical approach with some neo-institutional aspects. LÄS MER
3. Att utvärdera i praktiken The practice of evalutation - a retrospective study for local change and development in public librariesDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborg University
Sammanfattning : The study is placed within the area of library and information science (LIS) known as evaluation research and in particular, the area that relates to theory of evaluation practice. An analysis of previous research reveals that there is a need for conceptualising evaluation activities in the real life of libraries and information services and to reflect further on the conditions for evaluation in various institutional contexts. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborg University
Sammanfattning : The study inquires into how a specific piece of standardised information, namely the standard for bystander cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), is configured in the practices of lifesaving and bystander CPR-training. Standardisation is commonly thought of as leading to uniformity and order, while practices are dynamic. LÄS MER
5. The information seeking behaviour of distance students : a study of twenty Swedish library and information science studentsDetta är en avhandling från Borås : Valfrid
Sammanfattning : Abstract Information seeking is an object of learning and therefore an essential part of the educational content, rather than simply a means to an end. The objective of the thesis is to gain a thorough understanding of the information seeking behaviour of distance learners in library and information science. LÄS MER