Sökning: "Lactococcus lactis"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 9 avhandlingar innehållade orden Lactococcus lactis.
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Applied Microbiology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Phosphoglucomutase (PGM) catalyzes the reversible conversion of glucose 1-phosphate to glucose 6-phosphate. Two distinct forms of PGM have been purifed and charactierized in Lactococcus lactis growing on maltose: one specific for the alpha-isomer, and the other specific for the beta-isomer of glucose 1-phosphate. LÄS MER
2. Fermentation of wheat starch hydrolysate by Lactococcus lactis: Factors affecting product formationDetta är en avhandling från Department of Applied Microbiology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Lactic acid exists as two optical isomers, D- and L-lactic acid. For the production of biodegradable poly-lactic acid an optically pure product is desirable, but a racemate of known and constant ratio can also be used. Lactic acid can be produced either synthetically or fermentatively. LÄS MER
3. Metabolic Engineering of Disaccharide Catabolism for Polysaccharide Formation in Lactococcus lactis and Streptococcus thermophilusDetta är en avhandling från Applied Microbiology (LTH)
Sammanfattning : Exopolysaccharides (EPSs) produced by the lactic acid bacteria (LAB) Lactococcus lactis and Streptococcus thermophilus are important for the rheological behaviour and texture of a variety of fermented food products. Furthermore, EPSs from food-grade LAB have potential as food additives and functional food ingredients with both health and economic benefits. LÄS MER
4. Beta-glucose 1-phosphate interconverting enzymes in Lactococcus lactis: physiological role and regulation in maltose, trehalose and glucose metabolismDetta är en avhandling från Birgit Johansson, secretary at Applied Microbiology, Center for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Lactic acid bacteria (LAB), including Lactococcus lactis, are abundant in nature. These bacteria convert carbohydrates into mainly lactate by a rather uncomplicated metabolism. An improved understanding of the physiological and genetical mechanisms involved in carbohydrate metabolism and its regulation will improve the industrial use of LAB. LÄS MER
5. Food-Related Gram-Positive Bacteria: Enterotoxin A Expression in Staphylococcus aureus and a New Regulation Mechanism in Lactococcus lactisDetta är en avhandling från Birgit Johansson, secretary at Applied Microbiology, Center for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Staphylococcal enterotoxin A (SEA) is the most common enterotoxin found in outbreaks of staphylococcal food poisoning (SFP). Based on the amount of SEA produced, S. aureus strains were divided into two main groups, high- and low-SEA-producing strains. LÄS MER