Sökning: "Lactic acid bacteria"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 52 avhandlingar innehållade orden Lactic acid bacteria.
- Detta är en avhandling från Olof Mårtensson Department of Biotechnology, Center for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Lund University
Sammanfattning : This thesis deals with the fermentation characteristics of lactic acid bacteria (LAB) in oat-based suspensions, with formulation work of fermented products based on oat and with nutritional studies of these products. Changes in structure in terms of viscosity and ropiness were studied when exopolysaccharide (EPS)-producing LAB strains, namely, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. LÄS MER
2. Lactic acid bacterial symbionts from the honeybee: Characteristics and applications in wound managementDetta är en avhandling från Division of Medical Microbiology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Antibiotic resistance is now a large threat with worldwide agreement that we will fall into a post-antibiotic era unless there is suitable treatment alternatives discovered. In recent years, chronic wounds have become a major burden on society and treatment is complicated. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Molecular Biosciences, The Wenner-Gren Institute, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Bacterial pathogens have developed multiple ways of manipulating host cell functions to exploit the host environment. We found that interactions with epithelial cells increase the resistance of the human pathogen Neisseria meningitidis to the antimicrobial peptide LL-37. LÄS MER
4. Modelling and Optimisation of Integrated Biotechnical Processes -Application to the Fermentative Production of Lactic Acid from Wheat FlourDetta är en avhandling från Prof. Guido Zacchi, Deparment of Chemical Engineering 1, Chemical Center, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Biotechnical processes are often integrated to increase productivity and yield. It is difficult to predict the effects of process integration and to find optimum conditions for the process. A valuable tool for the evaluation of a complete process is mathematical modelling. LÄS MER
5. Fluoride concentration in plaque and saliva and its effects on oral ecology after intake of fluoridated milkDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Odontologi
Sammanfattning : According to WHO, the addition of fluoride to milk could be considered as an alternative to water fluoridation for community-based caries prevention in childhood. School-based schemes in developing as well as industrial countries have demonstrated substantial benefits on oral health, but there are limited data available on the local events in the oral cavity after consumption of fluoridated milk. LÄS MER