Sökning: "Kristin Zeiler"
Hittade 5 avhandlingar innehållade orden Kristin Zeiler.
1. Chosen Children? An empirical study and a philosophical analysis of moral aspects of pre-implantation genetic diagnosis and germ-line gene therapyDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : With pre-implantation genetic diagnosis (PGD), genetic testing and selective transfer of embryos is possible. In the future, germ-line gene therapy (GLGT) applied to embryos before implantation, in order to introduce missing genes or replace mutant ones, may be possible. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsla : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : This dissertation has multiple goals. First to analyze self-destructive behavior and its relations to ethics. Secondly to evaluate four different ethical perspectives regarding self-destructiveness from a certain position of human nature. LÄS MER
3. Ambivalent Ambiguity? A study of how women with 'atypical' sex development make sense of female embodimentDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Against a backdrop of feminist and social scientific research on sex, female embodiment, and normality this thesis aims to discern how young women, who in adolescence have learned that their bodies are developing in ways considered ‘atypical’ for the female sex, make sense of their bodies and their situation. In focus are the ways in which the women make sense of and negotiate female embodiment; how they, particularly in stories about their interactions with others, position their embodied selves; and how norms and beliefs about sexed embodiment, heterosexual practice, and in/fertility are strengthened and challenged in the interviewees’ sense-making. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Several studies have argued that there is a correlation between short stature and negative experiences and characteristics, such as social discrimination, economic disadvantage, health problems (especially for men). The idea that short men have a disadvantage in social interactions and in partner choices is also widespread in popular culture and common knowledge. LÄS MER
5. Counteracting Abuse in Health Care from a Staff Perspective Ethical Aspects and Practical ImplicationsDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Background: Abuse of patients by health care staff (AHC) is a cause of unnecessary suffering, which is inconsonant with the premise in medicine of not doing harm to the patient. The understanding of AHC in this thesis is considered two-dimensional: as a patient’s subjective experience and as violation of a patient’s dignity. LÄS MER