Sökning: "Kenneth Persson"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7 avhandlingar innehållade orden Kenneth Persson.
1. Essays on the Assumption of Proportional Hazards in Cox Regression
Sammanfattning : This thesis consists of four papers about the assumption of proportional hazards for the Cox model in survival analysis. The first paper compares the hazard ratio estimated from the Cox model to an exact calculation of the geometric average of the hazard ratio when the underlying assumption of proportional hazards is false, i.e. LÄS MER
2. Removal of Inorganic Anionic Pollutants from Water using Adsorption Technology
Sammanfattning : In the era of urbanization, industrialization and population growth, groundwater and drinking water sources are getting adversely polluted due to the addition of different toxic contaminants including inorganic anionic pollutants. The inorganic anions are of serious concern due to their adverse health effects on humans, even when present at very low concentrations in water. LÄS MER
3. The Role of Chlamydia pneumoniae-induced Platelet Activation in Cardiovascular Disease : In vitro and In vivo studies
Sammanfattning : The common risk factors for atherosclerosis, such as obesity, high cholesterol levels, sedentary lifestyle, diabetes and high alcohol intake, only explain approximately 50% of cardiovascular disease events. It is thereby important to identify new mechanisms that can stimulate the process of atherosclerosis. LÄS MER
4. Chlamydia pneumoniae in Aortic Valve Sclerosis and Thoracic Aortic Disease : Aspects of Pathogenesis and Therapy
Sammanfattning : The obligate intracellular bacterium Chlamydia pneumoniae (Cp), a common human pathogen, has been associated with atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. The aetiology of non-rheumatic aortic valve sclerosis has, however, not been clarified. LÄS MER
5. Silicon nitride for total hip replacements
Sammanfattning : For more than 50 years total hip replacements have been a common and successful procedure to increase patient mobility and quality of life. The 10-year implant survival rate is 97.8%. LÄS MER