Sökning: "Joakim Palme"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 14 avhandlingar innehållade orden Joakim Palme.
1. Pension rights in welfare capitalism : the development of old-age pensions in 18 OECD countries 1930 to 1985
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
2. Managing migration in modern welfare states : Essays on the development, causes, and effects of policies regulating family immigration
Sammanfattning : Being the main channel of migration into advanced industrial democracies, family migration has been the subject of increasing contestation in political debate. While previous studies have noted that many OECD countries have introduced more restrictive policies on family immigration during the last few decades, we still know little about how cross-country policy configurations in this area have evolved and varied over time, or about how policies affect inflows and why they differ between countries. LÄS MER
3. The Emergence of the Post-Socialist Welfare State - The Case of the Baltic States : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
Sammanfattning : This dissertation takes a step towards providing a better understanding of post-socialist welfare state development from a theoretical as well as an empirical perspective. The overall analytical goal of this thesis has been to critically assess the development of social policies in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania using them as illustrative examples of post-socialist welfare state development in the light of the theories, approaches and typologies that have been developed to study affluent capitalist democracies. LÄS MER
4. Demographics and Future Needs for Public Long Term Care and Services among the Elderly in Sweden : The Need for Planning
Sammanfattning : Long term care and social services (LTCaS) for older people are an important part of the Scandinavian welfare state. The fast growing number of elderly people in Sweden has caused many concerns about increases in future needs (and particularly costs) of age-related social programs such as LTCaS. LÄS MER
5. Mellan privilegier och fattigdom : om italiensk demokrati och socialpolitik ur ett välfärdsstatsperspektiv
Sammanfattning : This dissertation analyses the development of democracy and the pension system in Italy in relation to the goals of a welfare state. The aim of the thesis is to determine whether Italian democracy and social policy (through the study of a specific case: the pension system) have moved towards greater equality or whether old privileges and inequalities still remain. LÄS MER