Sökning: "Jayanti Chotai"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 6 avhandlingar innehållade orden Jayanti Chotai.
1. Season of birth in suicidology : neurobiological and epidemiological studies
Sammanfattning : Background: Several neuropsychiatrie disorders have shown season of birth associations. Low cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) levels of the serotonin metabolite 5-HIAA and the dopamine metabolite HVA have been associated with suicidal behaviour, impulsivity, and aggression. LÄS MER
2. Selection and ranking procedures based on likelihood ratios
Sammanfattning : This thesis deals with random-size subset selection and ranking procedures• • • )|(derived through likelihood ratios, mainly in terms of the P -approach.Let IT , . .. LÄS MER
3. Postconflict internally displaced persons in Ethiopia : mental distress and quality of life in relation to traumatic life events, coping strategy, social support, and living conditions
Sammanfattning : Background: There are about 23.7 million internally displaced persons worldwide today, still living in the low-income countries. Ethiopia has for the past four decades been ravaged by war and famine. A lengthy civil war resulted in Eritrea, formerly a part of Ethiopia, becoming an independent state in 1991. LÄS MER
4. Prognostic factors of electroconvulsive therapy for depression
Sammanfattning : Depression is a severe disorder that can be difficult to treat. One approach to treating depression is electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), whereby electricity is administered through electrodes fastened to the patient’s head. This procedure is effective, however not all patients respond. LÄS MER
5. Depression in primary care : detection, treatment, and patients’ own perspectives
Sammanfattning : Background Depression is a very common disorder that causes great suffering for the patient. Recognizing depressed patients in primary care (PC) settings is a challenge and only about half are identified as depressed by their general practitioner (GP). LÄS MER