Sökning: "Jan Lindgren"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 32 avhandlingar innehållade orden Jan Lindgren.
1. Cabin Air Quality in Commercial Aircraft : Exposure, Symptoms and Signs
Sammanfattning : The objective of the dissertation was to study the cabin environment, and identify personal and environmental risk factors, associated with symptoms, and perception of cabin air quality. Another objective was to study if ban of smoking, and increased relative air humidity on intercontinental flights, could have a beneficial health effect. LÄS MER
2. Pollution, Health and Housing Markets : Essays on the Consequences of Environmental Policy
Sammanfattning : The objective of the thesis is to estimate the health and housing market effects of environmental policies and estimate how these effects are distributed among individuals.The first essay estimates the health effects of a noise mitigation program that provided dwelling insulation and noise barriers. LÄS MER
3. Mobilization or Abstention? : Economic Inequality and Labor Market Experiences as Foundations of Political Behavior
Sammanfattning : The distribution of economic resources has long been a central tenet of politics. In recent decades, Western democracies have experienced rising economic inequality and a structural transformation of the labor market. This dissertation studies how these broad societal changes have affected political mobilization and abstention in Sweden. LÄS MER
4. The politics of Islam, non-violence, and peace : the thought of Maulana Wahiduddin Khan in context
Sammanfattning : This is a study of the multifaceted thought of Maulana Wahiduddin Khan (b.1925–), Indian writer, public intellectual, and Muslim religious leader. Khan has been a prolific writer since at least the 1970s and is also an ālim, a Muslim scholar learned in religion. LÄS MER
5. Biomarkers and risk of intracerebral hemorrhage : population-based studies in northern Sweden
Sammanfattning : BackgroundIntracerebral hemorrhage (ICH) is a disease associated with a high morbidity and mortality and treatment options for the condition are limited. Even though an ICH event usually comes as a surprise to the affected individual, pathogenetic processes often have occurred before the sudden ICH event and may have preceded disease onset by years. LÄS MER