Sökning: "Israeli press"
Hittade 5 avhandlingar innehållade orden Israeli press.
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study is to come to an understanding of the meanings of words pertaining to acts of political violence in modern Arabic and Hebrew. The semantics of these terms will be established by comparison between the meaning in dictionaries of modern and classical Arabic and Hebrew, the meaning in the Koran and the Bible as well as the meaning we extract from the context in the newspapers where the terminology is found. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of History, Lund university
Sammanfattning : The interest in the Holocaust has been growing continuously over the last decades, and this study deals with how the Holocaust has been perceived, interpreted and used in an Israeli context. The central theoretical concept in this study is historical consciousness, and the aim is to analyze the place of the Holocaust in Israeli historical consciousness. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University Press
Sammanfattning : The mutual recognition between Israel and the PLO in 1993 signalled a major shift in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. This study examines, both theoretically and empirically, the basic question of how meaning of conflict may change and how conflict may be resolved. LÄS MER
4. A War of Words: defining Terrorism in Arab and Israeli Press 1972-1996 (2001) : a Study in Propaganda, Semantics and PragmaticsDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
5. Strategies for International Legitimacy. A Comparative Study of Elite Behavior in Ethnic ConflictsDetta är en avhandling från Lund University Press
Sammanfattning : Although ethnic conflicts are an acute international problem, researchers in international relations have conducted surprisingly little research in this area. The aim with this study is to analyze one aspect of ethnic conflicts, how the elites representing ethnic groups act to make the great powers legitimize their own demands, and delegitimize the demands of the enemy by adducing to norms. LÄS MER