Sökning: "International relations"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 371 avhandlingar innehållade orden International relations.
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Department of Peace and Conflict Research
Sammanfattning : What conditions lead to confidence among civil war combatants that they will not face accountability for perpetrating sexual violence? This study investigates the causes of impunity for sexual violence among armed actors. It develops a theoretical framework which identifies three explanations for armed group impunity for sexual violence, namely (1) flawed prohibitions inside an armed group; (2) negligent enforcement by its authorities; and (3) pardons in the form of amnesties during the peace process. LÄS MER
2. Change, Institutions, and International Organisations Essays on the English School of International RelationsDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The overall topic of this thesis is the English School understanding of international order, which I approach specifically by analysing the English School idea of international institutions and their change. The purpose is to develop the theory in a meta-theoretically conscious and coherent way. LÄS MER
3. Structural Violence as a Constraint to African Policy Formation in the 1990s : Respositioning Education in International RelationsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Institute of International Education, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This study is a meta-analysis of the manner in which global relations impact on national level policy spaces and policy formation. As the International Financial Institutions tighten their grip through the Structural Adjustment Programmes over African countries, and donors steadily shift their ground and push conditionality beyond economic policy into institutional arrangements, the issue of political sovereignty of African countries, and of indirect rule through aid becomes a key concern. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Political Science, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The overarching aim of the thesis is to present a framework that makes possible an understanding of bilateral relations that challenges mainstream International Relations (IR) approaches through a study of the “history issue” in Sino-Japanese relations. A secondary aim is to provide an alternative understanding of this issue. LÄS MER
5. Norm Acceptance in the International Community A study of disaster risk reduction and climate-induced migrationDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Economic History and International Relations, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Different kinds of normative claims and statements of “oughtness” infuse the international political environment. But why do some proposed norms become accepted by the international community while others do not? This thesis investigates this central question using two normatively charged international issues as vehicles for explanation. LÄS MER