Sökning: "Infectious Diseases"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 551 avhandlingar innehållade orden Infectious Diseases.
- Detta är en avhandling från Infectious Diseases
Sammanfattning : HIV and tuberculosis (TB) remain the two most common infectious causes of death worldwide. During the recent decade antiretroviral treatment (ART) has become available for millions of people living with HIV (PLHIV) globally; yet more than half of PLHIV have not yet initiated ART. LÄS MER
2. Chlamydia pneumoniae in Aortic Valve Sclerosis and Thoracic Aortic Disease Aspects of Pathogenesis and TherapyDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The obligate intracellular bacterium Chlamydia pneumoniae (Cp), a common human pathogen, has been associated with atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. The aetiology of non-rheumatic aortic valve sclerosis has, however, not been clarified. LÄS MER
3. Rickettsia helvetica; Detection in arthropods and human tissues and its relation to clinical diseaseDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : A relation between R. helvetica and perimyocarditis was, in two young men who died of sudden cardiac death during exercise in 1997, suggested by a seminested PCR, for three different genes, sequencing of the amplified products, documentation of a seroresponse and histopathologic changes in accordance with rickettsioses. LÄS MER
4. Antibiotic Resistance and Population Dynamics of Escherichia coli in Relation to a Large Scale Antibiotic Consumption InterventionDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Antibiotic resistance challenges the practice and development of modern medicine. The aim of this thesis was to test the hypothesis that antibiotic resistance is reversible once the selection pressure of an antibiotic is removed. LÄS MER
5. Epidemiology of Enterococci with Acquired Resistance to Antibiotics in Sweden Special emphasis on Ampicillin and VancomycinDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The first hospital outbreak of vancomycin-resistant enterococci (VRE) and carriage rates of VRE and ampicillin-resistant enterococci (ARE) in Sweden were investigated. Clonal relationships and mutations in fluoroquinolone resistance determining regions among ARE collected nation-wide were studied. LÄS MER