Sökning: "Immune system"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1401 avhandlingar innehållade orden Immune system.
1. The Immune System in the Oldest-Old : Clinical and Immunological Studies in the NONA Immune Cohort
Sammanfattning : The oldest-old (people aged 80 or older) constituted 5 % of the population in Sweden in 2000, an increase from 1.5 % fifty years earlier. The immune system undergoes dramatic changes at high age, sometimes referred to as “immunosenescence”. LÄS MER
2. Leishmaniasis in Sweden. Molecular, diagnostic and epidemiological studies of the parasite Leishmania in a non-endemic country
Sammanfattning : This doctoral thesis consists of four separate papers, in which we; investigate epidemiological and clinical aspects of leishmaniasis in Sweden in order to increase awareness of the disease, elucidate some aspects of the interaction of the parasite and the human immune system and validate serological tools as a complement for diagnosis of leishmaniasis.. LÄS MER
3. On the Immune Regulation of Bone Response to Biomaterials
Sammanfattning : Osseointegration is the biological basis for bone anchorage of oral implants, and revolu-tionized the replacement of lost teeth. It is also applied in bone anchored hearing aids and limb replacement in amputees. LÄS MER
4. Biomarkers for Peripartum Depression : Focusing on aspects of the immune system and the metabolome
Sammanfattning : Peripartum depression is a common, multifactorial, and potentially devastating disease among new mothers. A biological marker for peripartum depression would facilitate early detection, better understanding of the pathophysiology, and identification of targets for treatment. LÄS MER
5. The role and mechanism of ubiquitin system in innate immune regulation
Sammanfattning : Pattern-recognition receptors (PRRs) include the cell surface or endosomal membrane localized Toll-like receptors (TLRs) and the cytoplasmic PRRs such as RIG-I-like receptors (RLRs), NOD-like receptors (NLRs) and cytoplasmic DNA receptors (CDRs). Triggering of PRRs culminates in the transcriptional induction of pro-inflammatory cytokines and type I interferons (IFNs) that coordinate protection against pathogens but require tight control to avert inflammatory diseases. LÄS MER