Sökning: "INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH AREAS Caring sciences Physiotherapy"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 25 avhandlingar innehållade orden INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH AREAS Caring sciences Physiotherapy.
1. Promoting physical activity among overweight and obese children Effects of a family-based lifestyle intervention on physical activity and metabolic markers
Sammanfattning : Background Overweight and obesity in childhood is associated with physical, psychological and social consequences. Physical inactivity is regarded as one of the main factors that have contributed to the increase in childhood obesity through out the world. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Aims: The overall aim of this research was to increase the knowledge about dystonia by identifying factors that influence self-reported quality of life and health in this disorder and to determine what factors predict disability. A further aim was to develop an objective outcome measure for quantifying the movement dysfunction in cervical dystonia (CD) and evaluate effects of physiotherapy. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Institutionen för hälsa och samhälle
Sammanfattning : The aim of this investigation was to elucidate and describe those patients who had discontinued their participation and/or paticipated infrequently in physiotherapy treatment based on their own activity and responsibility. The ambition was to understand the phenomenon of compliance/adherence from various perspectives in behavioural as well as social science. LÄS MER
4. Physical activity, participation and self-rated health among older community-dwelling Icelanders a population-based studyDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå university
Sammanfattning : Background: The main objective of this study was to investigate older people’s physical activity, their participation in various life situations, and their perceptions of their own health. This included an exploration of potential influences of urban versus rural residency on these outcomes, an evaluation of the measurement properties of a balance confidence scale, and an examination of the proposed usefulness of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) as a conceptual framework to facilitate analysis and understanding of selected outcomes. LÄS MER
5. Motion interactive games for children with motor disorders motivation, physical activity, and motor controlDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå university
Sammanfattning : As motion interactive games have become more widespread the interest in using these games in rehabilitation of children with motor disorders has increased among both clinical professionals and the families of these children. The general aim of this thesis was to evaluate the feasibility of using interactive games in rehabilitation of children to promote motivation for practice, physical activity, and motor control. LÄS MER