Sökning: "INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH AREAS Caring sciences Physiotherapy"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 25 avhandlingar innehållade orden INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH AREAS Caring sciences Physiotherapy.
1. Promoting physical activity among overweight and obese children Effects of a family-based lifestyle intervention on physical activity and metabolic markersDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Institutionen för Kostvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Background Overweight and obesity in childhood is associated with physical, psychological and social consequences. Physical inactivity is regarded as one of the main factors that have contributed to the increase in childhood obesity through out the world. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Aims: The overall aim of this research was to increase the knowledge about dystonia by identifying factors that influence self-reported quality of life and health in this disorder and to determine what factors predict disability. A further aim was to develop an objective outcome measure for quantifying the movement dysfunction in cervical dystonia (CD) and evaluate effects of physiotherapy. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Institutionen för hälsa och samhälle
Sammanfattning : The aim of this investigation was to elucidate and describe those patients who had discontinued their participation and/or paticipated infrequently in physiotherapy treatment based on their own activity and responsibility. The ambition was to understand the phenomenon of compliance/adherence from various perspectives in behavioural as well as social science. LÄS MER
4. Physical activity, participation and self-rated health among older community-dwelling Icelanders a population-based studyDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå university
Sammanfattning : Background: The main objective of this study was to investigate older people’s physical activity, their participation in various life situations, and their perceptions of their own health. This included an exploration of potential influences of urban versus rural residency on these outcomes, an evaluation of the measurement properties of a balance confidence scale, and an examination of the proposed usefulness of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) as a conceptual framework to facilitate analysis and understanding of selected outcomes. LÄS MER
5. Self-management of Persistent Neck Pain A Multi-component Group Intervention in Primary Health CareDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of this thesis was to evaluate effects of a multi-component pain and stress self-management group intervention (PASS) and to explore plausible predictors associated with short-term and long-term treatment effects among patients with persistent tension-type neck pain in primary health care (PHC).Study I was a pilot study in order to explore feasibility of the study design and methods. LÄS MER