Sökning: "Hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis"
Hittade 5 avhandlingar innehållade orden Hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology
Sammanfattning : Prenatal glueocorticoid (GC) has been associated with a variety of alterations in the adult offspring. Hypothalamo-Pituitary-Adrenal (HPA) axis, which is the key regulator for almost all kind of neuroendocine function and behavior, is highly susceptible to prenatal exposure to excess GC during development. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Odontology
Sammanfattning : Involvement of the peripheral and central nervous systems in the pathophysiology of arthritis has been suggested and neuropeptides are thought to participate in the mediation and modulation of the inflammatory process. The main objective of the clinical studies was to investigate the relationship between the presence of neuropeptides in the synovial fluid of the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) and the stomatognathic symptoms and signs, including the intra-articular temperature (IAT), in patients with TMJ arthritis. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Neuroscience
Sammanfattning : Suicide is a major clinical problem in psychiatry and suicidal behaviours can be seen as a nosological entity per se. Predicting suicide is difficult due to its low base-rate and the limited specificity of clinical predictors. LÄS MER
4. Psychobiological functioning in mid-adolescent girls and boys Linkages to self reported stress, self-esteem and recurrent painDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Psychology, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Among adolescents, the day-to-day functioning of the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal-axis (HPA-axis) and of the autonomic nervous system (ANS) and their relationships with stress, subjective health complaints and psychological factors such as self-esteem, studied in naturalistic settings, have been largely unexplored. This thesis aimed to investigate the diurnal activity of the HPA-axis (Studies I & II) in terms of salivary cortisol and the ANS/SNS system (Study III) in terms of salivary alpha-amylase (sAA) in mid-adolescent girls and boys. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Occupational Therapy and Elderly Care Research (NEUROTEC)
Sammanfattning : Interleukin-1 (IL-1) is one of the most important pro-inflammatory cytokines and plays a pivotal role in the neuroinflammation associated with certain forms of neurodegeneration, such as epilepsy, cerebral ischemia, trauma, and Alzheimer's disease (AD). Also, it was suggested that IL-1 is involved in physiological processes, namely modulation of sleep, glucose and lipid metabolism, and neuroendocrine regulation, as well as modulation of learning and memory. LÄS MER