Sökning: "Hydropower Development"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 58 avhandlingar innehållade orden Hydropower Development.
1. Taming exotic beauties : Swedish hydropower constructions in Tanzania in the era of development assistance, 1960s-1990s
Sammanfattning : This study analyses the history of a large hydroelectric scheme – the Great Ruaha power project in Tanzania. The objective is to establish why and how this specific scheme came about, and as part of this to identify the key actors involved in the decision-making process, including the ideological contexts within which they acted. LÄS MER
2. Nya vatten, dunkla speglingar : industriell kolonialism genom svensk vattenkraftutbyggnad i renskötselområdet 1910-1968
Sammanfattning : Hydropower development was one of the first systematic large-scale exploitations in the reindeer herding areas within Swedish borders. Therefore, this thesis departs from postcolonial approaches wherein the Swedish state policy and practice towards Sami, reindeer herders and Sápmi, the Sami homeland, is analysed as colonialism in relation to hydropower development. LÄS MER
3. Environmental considerations in the planning of large dam projects : a study on Environmental Impact Statements and the Southeastern Anatolia Project
Sammanfattning : Large dam projects have played a key role in supporting societal development in the past and continue to be launched, primarily in developing countries. However, large dam projects also cause extensive environmental impacts in the river system, which may reduce the river system's capacity to provide goods, services, and other values apart from those generated by the project. LÄS MER
4. Hydropower generator and power system interaction
Sammanfattning : After decades of routine operation, the hydropower industry faces new challenges. Large-scale integration of other renewable sources of generation in the power system accentuates the role of hydropower as a regulating resource. LÄS MER
5. Understanding the Clean Development Mechanism and its dual aims : the case of China's projects
Sammanfattning : Having been running for over 10 years, the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) is considered an innovative and successful mitigation initiative. CDM has the dual aims of helping industrialised countries achieve compliance with their emission limitation and reduction commitments in a cost-effective way, while simultaneously assisting developing countries in sustainable development. LÄS MER