Sökning: "Hydrophobic peptides"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 72 avhandlingar innehållade orden Hydrophobic peptides.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH
Sammanfattning : In this thesis, the vital cell functions performed by integral membrane proteins (IMPs) are briefly discussed. Such proteins are under-represented in most protein studies due to the hydrophobic nature of IMPs, which seriously complicate their solubilization, sample handling, preparation, separation and analysis. LÄS MER
2. Development of antimicrobial peptides : Methodological aspects, design, synthesis and evaluation of a new class of antimicrobial peptidesDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Neurochemistry, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : A new protective group for the indole nitrogen of the amino acid tryptophan, the Boc-sarcosinoyl-sarcosinolyl (Boc-Sar-Sar) is described. This protective group shows good stability to the reaction conditions used in solid phase peptide synthesis and can be incorporated into the peptide as Fmoc-Trp(Boc-Sar-Sar)-OH. LÄS MER
3. Improved techniques for CE-MALDI-MS off-line coupling and MALDI-MS analysis of primarily hydrophobic proteins and peptidesDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH
Sammanfattning : Due to the hydrophobic nature of integral membrane proteins (IMP) they give rise to several difficulties concerning handling and analysis, which is not the case for the most water soluble proteins. New analysis methods are needed, where the insolubility problems of the hydrophobic proteins due to aggregation and adhesion are tackled. LÄS MER
4. Development and characterisation of protecting groups that enhance the solubility of synthetic peptides : Methods to improve the aqueous solubility of hydrophobic peptidesDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Neurochemistry, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Chemical synthesis of peptides is generally performed by solid phase peptide synthesis (SPPS). Although SPPS is a rapid and convenient method to prepare peptides, the major methodological problem in SPPS is related to solvation/solubility. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : A targeting peptide at the N-terminus of a precursor protein usually directs the protein synthesized in the cytosol to a specific organelle in the cell. Interestingly, some targeting peptides, so-called dual targeting peptides (dTPs) can target their protein to both mitochondria and chloroplasts. LÄS MER