Sökning: "Hydrological characteristics"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 35 avhandlingar innehållade orden Hydrological characteristics.
1. Hydrological modeling as a tool for sustainable water resources management: a case study of the Awash River BasinDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : The growing pressure on the world‘s fresh water resources is enforced by population growth that leads to conflicts between demands for different purposes. A main concern on water use is the conflict between the environment and other purposes like hydropower, irrigation for agriculture and domestic and industry water supply, where total flows are diverted without releasing water for ecological conservation. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : Understanding the role of road networks in alteration of hydrological responses is crucial for maintaining the accessibility and durability of road infrastructures. Road construction is one of the most common man made disturbances to a landscape. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Luleå tekniska universitet
Sammanfattning : Reservoir sedimentation is the main problem that directly affects the performance of dams due to the reduction in the storage capacity of their reservoirs. Monitoring the storage capacity of reservoirs is an important issue for the planners, designers and operators of the dams. LÄS MER
5. Spatiotemporal streamflow variability in a boreal landscape Importance of landscape composition for catchment hydrological functioningDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The understanding of how different parts of a landscape contribute to streamflow by storing and releasing water has long been a central issue in hydrology. Knowledge about what controls streamflow dynamics across landscapes can further our understanding of how catchments store and release water, facilitate predictions for ungauged catchments, and improve the management of water quality and resources. LÄS MER