Sökning: "Hormonal responsiveness"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 9 avhandlingar innehållade orden Hormonal responsiveness.
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : Metabolic effects of growth hormone (GH) therapy in short children have not been clearly established owing to the previous lack of controlled trials studying the metabolic outcome in response to different GH doses despite the known effects of GH on insulin sensitivity, lipid profile, and body composition. It has previously been shown that individualized GH doses during catch-up growth significantly reduce the proportion of unexpectedly good and poor responders around a predefined individual growth target in short prepubertal children. LÄS MER
2. Blood flow and metabolism in the corpus luteum of the rat in vivo and in vitro studies on the ovarian luteal and follicular compartment of the ratDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : The ovary undergoes cyclic changes in follicular growth and luteogenesis due to the action of gonadotropins and steroids. The ovary and especially the corpus luteum has an exteremely high blood flow. There is a gap in our knowledge about the physiological role of the high blood flow of the corpus luteum. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology
Sammanfattning : The gene-encoded antimicrobial peptides have emerged as an important component of innate immunity. In mammals, antimicrobial peptides are either directly secreted from cells or found in cell granules, which can be released after stimuli. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Oncology-Pathology
Sammanfattning : Background: Cervical cancer is globally the fourth most common cancer in women and has generally a good prognosis. Cervical cancer survivors report persistent changes in their sexual function, which result in considerable distress. The majority of new cases are diagnosed in young or middle-aged women. LÄS MER
5. Rheumatoid arthritis : Pharmacological modulation of cytokines - aspects of clinical response and endocrine regulationDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Medicine
Sammanfattning : Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a systemic inflammatory disease primarily affecting the joints. In the pathogenesis several cells of the immune systeme and messengers of the immune systeme, cytokines, are important. LÄS MER