Sökning: "Hereditary cancer"
Visar resultat 21 - 25 av 76 avhandlingar innehållade orden Hereditary cancer.
21. Insights into breast cancer: New familial patterns and identification of a potential predictive markerDetta är en avhandling från Division of Oncology and Pathology
Sammanfattning : The last proportion of heredity in breast cancer has proven to be somewhat elusive despite massive attempts to identify the associated factors. Approximately 50 percent of breast cancer caused by familial factors is currently explained. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Division of Oncology and Pathology
Sammanfattning : Lynch syndrome (Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer, HNPCC) is the most common hereditary syndrome predisposing to colorectal cancer, accounting for 1-3% of all colorectal cancer. This multi-organ cancer predisposition syndrome is caused by mutations in the mismatch repair (MMR) genes, especially MLH1 and MSH2, and to lesser extents MSH6 and PMS2, which lead to widespread genetic instability and thus microsatellite instability (MSI). LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Stem cells have qualities that clearly distinguish them from all other cells. Capabilities like self-renewal, differentiation and migration make them truly powerful. This thesis deals with different aspects of stem/progenitor cells in relation to cancer. LÄS MER
24. Genetic polymorphisms, IGF-1, and oral contraceptive use in women from high-risk breast cancer familiesDetta är en avhandling från Department of Oncology, Clinical Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Breast cancer is the most common cancer among Swedish women, affecting more than 7000 women each year. About 5-10% of all breast cancers are hereditary, with a monogenic inheritance pattern, but only 2-4% are explained by germline mutations in BRCA1 or BRCA2. BRCA1/BRCA2 mutation carriers have a 60-80% risk of developing breast cancer. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Oncology, Clinical Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Breast cancer is the most common malignancy in women. Most of the breast cancers are sporadic with no apparent inheritance factor but about 5-10% is believed to be caused by an inherited predisposition. Aims: This thesis aimed at defining the BRCA1/2 mutation spectrum of the west Swedish population and specifically to characterize the BRCA1c. LÄS MER