Sökning: "Health literacy"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 49 avhandlingar innehållade orden Health literacy.
1. Measuring health literacy Evaluating psychometric properties of the HLS-EU-Q47 and the FCCHL, suggesting instrument refinements and exploring health literacy in people with type 2 diabetes and in the general Norwegian populationDetta är en avhandling från Karlstad : Karlstads universitet
Sammanfattning : Aim: The overall aim was to measure health literacy (HL) in people with type 2 diabetes (T2DM) and in the general Norwegian population.Methods: Sampling 388 people with T2DM (papers I, II and IV) and 900 individuals (III) in the general Norwegian population a cross-sectional design was applied. LÄS MER
2. Health literacy among newly arrived refugees in Sweden and implications for health and healthcareDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of this thesis was to examine the distribution of health literacy (HL) levels in newly arrived Arabic-, Dari-, or Somali-speaking refugees in Sweden. Further aims were to investigate sociodemographic characteristics associated with inadequate HL in this group, and to investigate whether HL levels are associated with experiences of the health examination for asylum seekers (HEA), health seeking behaviour and health. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Karlskrona : Blekinge Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : Increasing lifestyle-related ill health, escalating health care costs, expanding health inequalities within and between nations, and an aging population are challenges facing governments globally. Governments, especially in industrialized countries like Sweden, are investing in health promotion and health communication, especially in ICT-supported health communication as a way to increase health literacy and empowerment at individual and population levels. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå University
Sammanfattning : Background InVietnam, the proportion of people aged 60 and above has increased rapidly in recent decades. The majority live in rural areas where socioeconomic status is more disadvantaged than in urban areas.Vietnam’s economic status is improving but disparities in income and living conditions are widening between groups and regions. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : BackgroundGlobally, there is increasing emphasis on the importance of understanding the ways in which social inequality and injustice impact individual and community mental health. Set in the states of Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand, India, this thesis examines the complex relationships between individuals, communities and the social environment in relation to mental health. LÄS MER