Sökning: "Habitat restoration"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 25 avhandlingar innehållade orden Habitat restoration.
1. Restoration of semi-natural grasslands Impacts on biodiversity, ecosystem services and stakeholder perceptionsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Physical Geography, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Humans play a major role shaping the living conditions for not only ourselves, but also all other species on Earth. In fact, some species-rich habitat types require human management to uphold the biodiversity and related ecosystem services. LÄS MER
2. Gradients of time and complexity understanding how riparian and instream ecosystems recover after stream restorationDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå University
Sammanfattning : Why evaluations of the ecological outcomes of stream and river restoration have largely reported inconclusive or negative results has been the subject of much debate over the last decade or more. Understanding the reasons behind the lack of positive results is important for bettering future restoration efforts and setting realistic expectations for restoration outcomes. LÄS MER
3. Ecosystem functioning in streams Disentangling the roles of biodiversity, stoichiometry, and anthropogenic driversDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : What will happen to ecosystems if species continue to go extinct at the high rates seen today? Although ecosystems are often threatened by a myriad of physical or chemical stressors, recent evidence has suggested that the loss of species may have impacts on the functions and services of ecosystems that equal or exceed other major environmental disturbances. The underlying causes that link species diversity to ecosystem functioning include species niche complementarity, facilitative interactions, or selection effects, which cause process rates to be enhanced in more diverse communities. LÄS MER
4. Unravelling Sustainability The complex dynamics of emergent environmental governance and management systems at multiple scalesDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Physical Geography, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This thesis adopts a complex systems approach to investigate the dynamic emergence of sustainable environmental governance and management systems in multiple contexts in Europe. Accelerating rates of environmental degradation across the world have called the legitimacy of previous environmental governance and management arrangements into question. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Karlstad : Karlstads universitet
Sammanfattning : The construction of nature-like fishways has become an increasingly common measure to restore longitudinal connectivity in streams and rivers affected by hydroelectric development. These fishways also have the potential to function as habitat compensation measures when running waters have been degraded or lost. LÄS MER