Sökning: "HUMANITIES and RELIGION History and philosophy subjects History subjects History of science"
Visar resultat 16 - 20 av 145 avhandlingar innehållade orden HUMANITIES and RELIGION History and philosophy subjects History subjects History of science.
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : This thesis is an intellectual biography of the Swedish statesman Johan Skytte (1577–1645), focusing on his educational ideals and his contributions to educational reform in the early Swedish Age of Greatness. Although born a commoner, Skytte rose to be one of the most powerful men in Sweden in the first half of the seventeenth century, serving three generations of regents. LÄS MER
17. Building American entrepreneurs : male commercial selves and the road to success in the US 1873-1914Detta är en avhandling från Brighton : University of Sussex
Sammanfattning : The thesis investigates the origins of the American entrepreneur, what popularly has been called the self-made man. It traces the building of the self-made man as a commercial ideal self, leading to the narratives of US entrepreneurship and the road to ‘success’. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH
Sammanfattning : The present thesis is based on a scientifically-informed, contextualized and historicized reading of Ludwik Fleck. In addition to his monograph, the material studied includes his additional philosophical writings, his internationally-published scientific articles and two, thus-far-unstudied postwar Polish papers related to his Buchenwald experiences. LÄS MER
19. Litteraturens uppodling : Läsesällskap och litteraturkritik som politisk strategi kring sekelskiftet 1800Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The aim of the dissertation is to study the distribution of literature as a means to disseminate knowledge in the context of two reading societies and three critical journals based in Uppsala and Åbo. This dissemination, regarded as a strategy towards social and political reform, took place in these societies and journals, which were geographically, biographically, intentionally and functionally connected. LÄS MER
20. Hushållningens dygder Affektlära, hushållningslära och ekonomiskt tänkande under svensk stormaktstidDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Acta Universitatis Stockholmiensis
Sammanfattning : A basic assumption in the thesis is that every economic as well as political and ethical doctrine contains a conception of man, and, thus, that this conception needs to be scrutinised in order to achieve deeper understanding of the doctrine. The purposes of the thesis is (1) to account for conceptions of man within the rarely studied Swedish seventeenth-century economic thought, (2) to examine how conceptions of man and of society influence and shape this thought, and (3) to do this from a synchronous approach, by which emphasis is laid on economic thought as an integral part of the intellectual culture of the epoch. LÄS MER