Sökning: "HUMANITIES and RELIGION History and philosophy subjects Ethnology Cultural anthropology"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 51 avhandlingar innehållade orden HUMANITIES and RELIGION History and philosophy subjects Ethnology Cultural anthropology.
- Detta är en avhandling från Pietermaritzburg : University of KwaZulu-Natal
Sammanfattning : In this dissertation Transformation, as understood in South Africa, is investigated in the ‘Natal Museum’ and the ‘Msunduzi Museum Incorporating the Voortrekker Complex’ in terms of socio-political structures, the museum as a place, its collections and displays. I have emphasised the ethnographical perspective and analysed it by using key concepts such as new museology, time, space and place. LÄS MER
2. The Power of Being : A Study of Poverty, Fertility and Sexuality among the Kuria in Kenya and TanzaniaDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The study is concerned with power based on ‘being’, which is the thread running through the entire thesis. The extended family is the focal point and three themes, interrelated in Kuria society, are explored, namely, poverty, sexuality and fertility. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Kulturantropologiska avdelningen
Sammanfattning : This dissertation presents an ethnography of youth in Liberia and of how their lives became affected by a civil war which raged in the country between 1990 and 1997. The focus is on the experiences, motivations, and reflections of young combatants who fought for a variety of rebel factions. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : This book explores the way in which a group of parents of pre-school children construct the meaning of motherhood and fatherhood and cope with discourses that hold conflicting rules and value systems. Being a working parent today in Sweden entails moving between various domains. LÄS MER
5. To Make Do in the City Social Identities and Cultural Transformations among Aymara Speakers in La PazDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : This study deals with cultural transformations and negotiations of social identity among urban Aymara speakers (bilingual Spanish-Aymara) in the city of La Paz in Bolivia in the last decade of the twentieth century. The main question concerns how they experience and express their sense of belonging in relation to their subordinated roles in society and the new spaces that are opened up by the democratization process. LÄS MER