Sökning: "Gerhart Wagner"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 15 avhandlingar innehållade orden Gerhart Wagner.
1. Regulation of translational accuracy
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
2. Developmental Control of Cell Division in Streptomyces coelicolor
Sammanfattning : Cell division in the Gram-positive bacterium Streptomyces coelicolor starts with the assembly of the tubulin homologue FtsZ into a cytokinetic ring (the Z ring) at the site of septation. In stark contrast to the binary fission of most bacteria, the syncytial hyphal cells of S. LÄS MER
3. EF-Tu and RNase E : Essential and Functionally Connected Proteins
Sammanfattning : The rate and accuracy of protein production is the main determinant of bacterial growth. Elongation Factor Tu (EF-Tu) provides the ribosome with aminoacylated tRNAs, and is central for its activity. In Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium, EF-Tu is encoded by the genes tufA and tufB. LÄS MER
4. Small RNAs, Big Consequences : Post-transcriptional Regulation and Adaptive Immunity in Bacteria
Sammanfattning : It is nowadays widely accepted that non-coding RNAs play important roles in post-transcriptional regulation of genes in all kingdoms of life. In bacteria, the largest group of RNA regulators are the small RNAs (sRNAs). LÄS MER
5. Connecting Systemic RNAi to the Endomembrane System in Caenorhabditis elegans
Sammanfattning : RNA interference (RNAi) is a gene regulation mechanism conserved among eukaryotes. To silence gene expression, RNAi relies on a short single-stranded guide RNA to steer the RNA-induced Silencing Complex (RISC) to mRNAs with guide strand-complementary sequences. RNAi is a highly membrane-associated process. LÄS MER