Sökning: "Göran Frenning"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 12 avhandlingar innehållade orden Göran Frenning.
1. Novel and refined small-scale approaches to determine the intrinsic dissolution rate of drugs
Sammanfattning : Many drugs are administered as crystalline particles compressed into tablets and taken orally. When the tablet reaches the gastrointestinal tract, it disintegrates and the drug particles dissolve in the gastrointestinal fluid. The dissolved molecules are absorbed across the intestinal membranes into the bloodstream to reach their target sites. LÄS MER
2. Confined Compression of Single Particles : Development of a Novel Triaxial Testing Instrument and Particle-Scale Modelling
Sammanfattning : When predicting the performance of a powder compaction process, assessing the behaviour of the particles comprising the powder bed is of central relevance. Currently, however, no experimental methods are available for mimicking the multiaxial loading conditions imposed on the individual particles in a powder bed during compaction, and such analyses are therefore usually performed in silico. LÄS MER
3. Flow and Compression of Granulated Powders : The Accuracy of Discrete Element Simulations and Assessment of Tablet Microstructure
Sammanfattning : Simulations are powerful and important tools for gaining insight into powder processes. Ultimately, simulations have the potential to replace experiments. Thus, accurate models and insight into the essential factors for descriptions of powder behaviour are required. LÄS MER
4. Powder mechanics and dispersion properties of adhesive mixtures for dry powder inhalers : Conceptualized as a blend state model
Sammanfattning : Inhaled medicines is a therapy that dates back several thousands of years. Nowadays, using various types of inhaler devices to deliver active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) to treat respiratory diseases has become common practice. LÄS MER
5. Understanding Adhesive Mixtures for Inhalation : Particle Dynamics Modelling and Segregation Experiments
Sammanfattning : Pulmonary route has been used as a source of drug delivery to lungs for centuries. Drugformulation decides the type of inhaler devices such as pressurized metered-dose inhalers(pMDIs), nebulizers and dry powder inhalers (DPIs). LÄS MER