Sökning: "Extended Cox model"
Hittade 5 avhandlingar innehållade orden Extended Cox model.
1. Essays on Social Capital, Health and Socioeconomic Inequalities in Health A Health Economic StudyDetta är en avhandling från Muhammad Kamrul Islam
Sammanfattning : The thesis comprises four independent research papers and a summary that focus on two related dimensions. The first dimension focuses on the understanding of the production of health. Particularly, the question is asked whether community's stock of social capital influence individual's health. LÄS MER
2. Lifestyle and infections : an epidemiological approach on the role of obesity, physical activity, sleep and stressDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Medicine, Solna
Sammanfattning : The immune system plays a fundamental role in defending the human body from external pathogens. Some individuals, however, have a weaker immune system leading to more frequent infections. Infections are associated with high burden to society, both in terms of economic costs and morbidity. LÄS MER
3. Screening for Cardiovascular Risk and Diabetes in Primary Health Care The Söderåkra Risk Factor Screening StudyDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Background: Cardiovascular disease (CVD) has been the predominant cause of morbidity and mortality for many decades in Sweden. Preventive work in primary health care through individual approach and community-based programmes has shown some success. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Clinical Neuroscience
Sammanfattning : Aim: The general aim of this thesis was to explore and evaluate different aspects of nursing practice in relation to prediction, prevention and management of patient violence in acute psychiatric care. The specific aims were: to evaluate the short-term predictive capacity of the violence risk assessment instrument Brøset Violence Checklist (BVC) when used by nurses in a psychiatric intensive care unit (study I), to compare the occurrences of coercive interventions and violence-related staff injuries before and after a two-year nursing development and violence prevention intervention (study II), to describe aspects of the caring approaches used by nurses in acute psychiatric intensive care units (study III) and finally (in study IV) to test the hypothesis that staff training according to the ‘Bergen model’ has a significant positive influence on the violence prevention and management climate in psychiatric inpatient wards, as perceived by patients and staff. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Background: In Sweden, as well as in most Western countries, sickness absence is a major public health problem that has increased in recent years. This is a complex phenomenon related not only to ill health factors, but also to other factors on the levels of the individual, the family, the workplace, and the society. LÄS MER