Sökning: "Eva Rönmark"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 10 avhandlingar innehållade orden Eva Rönmark.
1. Asthma in school age prevalence, incidence and remission in relation to environmental determinants
Sammanfattning : Background In the past half-century, the prevalence of asthma among children and adolescents has risen and asthma has become an important public health challenge in Sweden as well as in many other countries, necessitating further studies on this complex disease and its risk factor pattern. The studies included in this thesis aimed to investigate the clinical expression of childhood asthma over time, to describe the determinants of new-onset and remission of asthma, and to evaluate possible environmental risk factors in northern Sweden. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå University
Sammanfattning : BackgroundAsthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) are common obstructive airway diseases with a substantial burden in terms of morbidity, mortality and costs. Smoking is the single most important risk factor for COPD, and is associated with incident asthma. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Folkhälsa och klinisk medicin
Sammanfattning : Background: Childhood asthma has increased worldwide, although recent studies report a prevalence plateau in some western countries.Aims: To investigate the prevalence of asthma and the associated risk factor patterns from ages 7-8 to 11-12 with special emphasis on the hereditary component, and further to study prevalence trends at age 7-8 from 1996 to 2006 and the possible determinants of these trends. LÄS MER
4. Epidemiological studies of asthma and allergic diseases in teenagers methodological aspects and tobacco useDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Folkhälsa och klinisk medicin
Sammanfattning : Parental reports are often used in studies of asthma and allergic diseases in children. A change in respondent from parent to index subject usually occurs during adolescence. Little is known about the effects this change in method might have on the outcomes of a longitudinal study. LÄS MER
5. IgE sensitization against food allergens Natural history, relation to airway inflammation and asthmaDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Folkhälsa och klinisk medicin
Sammanfattning : Background: According to recent studies in children, IgE sensitization not only against perennial allergens, but also against food allergens, is related to asthma risk and increased airway inflammation. During the last decade, a new technique for IgE determination based on allergen components has become available, but its use in epidemiological studies has been limited. LÄS MER