Sökning: "Environmental knowledge"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1667 avhandlingar innehållade orden Environmental knowledge.
1. Environmental research collaboration : Cross-sector knowledge production in environmental science
Sammanfattning : Increased interaction between science and society is recognised as one of the characteristics of contemporary science. Solving the complex environmental problems of our day also necessitate such interactions. LÄS MER
2. Innovation Processes and Environmental Planning : Science and Technology Policies in a Regional Context
Sammanfattning : The understanding of environmental change and how it is influenced by innovation processes and advances in science and technology is multifaceted given the inherent uncertainty of the pace and direction of technology change, but also given the limits to anticipate future environmental effects of new technology. The doctoral thesis is organised in two parts. LÄS MER
3. Drivers of carbon sink function in tropical seagrass beds : influence of carbon import, plant composition, seascape configuration and human activities
Sammanfattning : Seagrass meadows are effective carbon sinks, sequestering atmospheric CO2 and capturing allochthonous organic material, storing organic carbon (Corg) in their sediments, so called Blue Carbon. In tropical areas, seagrass meadows have a high number of calcareous organisms, which can offset carbon sequestration by releasing CO2 through their calcification. LÄS MER
4. Operationalizing Industrial Ecology in the Waste Sector : Roles and tactics for circular value innovation
Sammanfattning : The take-make-waste approach to resource management in human production and consumption systems is contributing to a variety of environmental and social problems worldwide. Additionally, as the world’s population and affluence increase, so do the negative impacts of poor resource management. LÄS MER
5. Resource recovery from wastewater treatment: challenges, opportunities and guidance for planning and implementation
Sammanfattning : Considering the current resources scarcity, Wastewater Treatment Plants (WWTP) should be adapted to become more sustainable. For example, it is possible to recover resources present in municipal wastewater. LÄS MER