Sökning: "English literature"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 608 avhandlingar innehållade orden English literature.
- Detta är en avhandling från Albany, NY : University at Albany, State University of New York
Sammanfattning : Doctoral dissertation supervised by Professor Ronald A. Bosco (co-supervised by Professor Judith Johnson and Professor Judith Fetterley), Department of English, University at Albany, State University of New York. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Edinburgh : University of Edinburgh
Sammanfattning : In recent years there has been a body of studies relating nostalgia and fiction in political, sociological, feminist, or historical ways. This thesis, instead, sets out to perform an unusual textual study of nostalgia in modern fiction in order to work towards a poetics of nostalgia. LÄS MER
3. The Politics of Tradition Examining the History of the Old English Poems The Wife's Lament and Wulf and EadwacerDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : Old English literary studies is a fascinating field of research which spans many various approaches including philology and linguistics as well as literary and cultural theories. The field is characterised by a certain conservatism, what in this thesis is referred to as tradition. LÄS MER
4. The True Story of Alice B. Toklas : Almost the Same but not Quite/not Straight in the Toklas AutobiographiesDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Engelska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This study investigates three texts that can be provisionally defined as “Toklas autobiographies,” or inscriptions of “the true story of Alice B. Toklas.” These are Gertrude Stein’s The Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas (1933) and The Alice B. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Engelska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This dissertation places Pearl in the context of works by the English fourteenth-century contemplative writers (‘mystics’), as well as of patristic and other theological treatises, focusing on the theme of comprehending and speaking about a transcendent divine dimension. The purpose is to show that Pearl and the works of Julian of Norwich, Margery Kempe, Walter Hilton, Richard Rolle and the author of The Cloud of Unknowing share a concern with attempting to express the inexpressible. LÄS MER