Sökning: "Engineering Acoustics"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 595 avhandlingar innehållade orden Engineering Acoustics.
1. Synthetic Paper for Point-of-Care Diagnostics : Capillary control, surface modifications, and their applications
Sammanfattning : Capillary-based platforms for diagnostics are popular for the point-of-care diagnostics market because of their low cost, easy fabrication, and easy operation. Lateral flow tests are an excellent example of capillary-based platforms for point-of-care diagnostics. LÄS MER
2. Heat-transfer simulations applied to electrical machines
Sammanfattning : Electrification and energy efficiency are two important aspects in present scenarios describing a sustainable future. Electric motors constitute a large fractionof industry’s electricity demand today, and it is expected to remain high inthe future. LÄS MER
3. High-order finite difference approximations for hyperbolic problems : multiple penalties and non-reflecting boundary conditions
Sammanfattning : In this thesis, we use finite difference operators with the Summation-By-Partsproperty (SBP) and a weak boundary treatment, known as SimultaneousApproximation Terms (SAT), to construct high-order accurate numerical schemes.The SBP property and the SAT’s makes the schemes provably stable. LÄS MER
4. Structural-acoustic analysis of wall-to-floor joints in timber-framed housing
Sammanfattning : Even though a building meets the regulations with respect to impact sound, structures with wooden frames may receive complaints from the inhabitants due to structure-borne sound in the lower frequencies. In this thesis measuring methods that are more precise than the traditional measuring methods have been used to see if they could give a better knowledge about flanking transmission in the low frequencies in timber-framed structures. LÄS MER
5. Spray combustion with multiple-injection in modern engine conditions
Sammanfattning : Combustion of fuel in diesel engines emits substances harmful to the environment such as soot. These emissions can be reduced by either in-cylinder treatments or after-treatments. One of the common in-cylinder treatments is multiple-injection, which divides a single fuel injection to multiple smaller injections. LÄS MER