Sökning: "Early-life conditions"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 46 avhandlingar innehållade orden Early-life conditions.
1. Essays on Social Interactions and the Long-term Effects of Early-Life Conditions
Sammanfattning : This thesis consists of four self-contained essays. Essay 1: From the late 1970s through mid 1990s blood-lead levels decreased drastically in Swedish children due to the sharp phase-out of leaded gasoline. LÄS MER
2. Causes and Consequences of Early-life Conditions : Alcohol, Pollution and Parental Leave Policies
Sammanfattning : Essay I: This paper studies the effect of air pollution on infant health in Sweden. Combining register panel data on birth outcomes and family characteristics with pollution data, I estimate the effect of particulate matter (PM10) on several birth outcomes that previously have been shown to be predictive of future outcomes. LÄS MER
3. Scarred for Life. How conditions in early life affect socioeconomic status, reproduction and mortality in Southern Sweden, 1813-1968
Sammanfattning : The aim of this doctoral thesis is to contribute to the debate on the importance of diet and disease in explaining the mortality decline and the general literature of the long-term effects of early life conditions. Using individual-level data from Southern Sweden for 1813 to 1968, this work measures the impacts of grain prices during the foetal stage and infant mortality rates during the year of birth on mortality over the full life course, as well as on female socioeconomic status attainment and reproductive health. LÄS MER
4. Disease, Death, and Displacement : The long-term effects of early-life conditions on income, education, and health in Sweden, 1937-2011
Sammanfattning : How are people’s lives shaped by what they experience during infancy, childhood, and adolescence? How are their adult lives impacted by a sudden improvement or worsening in their early-life conditions?This dissertation aims at providing some insights about how specific changes in early-life conditions can affect individuals’ lives in the long-term. It focuses on three very different shocks to early-life conditions: (1) exposure to disease and vaccination, studied through the case of polio and the vaccine against it, (2) experiencing forced migration, studied through the case of Yugoslavian refugees in Sweden, and (3) losing a parent during the childhood years. LÄS MER
5. Epidemiological studies of sociodemographic factors, early life factors, health, and medical care consumption among small children
Sammanfattning : By international standards, children in Sweden experience good health. Sweden has low infant mortality rates, low accident mortality rates, a high number of breastfed children and a high proportion of vaccinated children. LÄS MER