Sökning: "Drug development"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1120 avhandlingar innehållade orden Drug development.
1. Drug Analysis : Bioanalytical Method Development and Validation
Sammanfattning : This thesis describes bioanalytical methods for drug determination in biological matrixes, with drugs in focus used against diseases largely affecting low-income countries. Solid-phase extraction is used for sample cleanup, and processed samples are analyzed by liquid chromatography. LÄS MER
2. Circumventing drug resistance : Studies exploring the expediency of a total cell kill chemoresistance assay
Sammanfattning : Cellular resistance to anti-cancer drugs is considered to be the major cause of treatment failure in clinical practice. The present studies have therefore focused on ways to circumvent resistance as evaluated by an in vitro chemoresistance assay. LÄS MER
3. Biosensor Studies of Ligand Interactions with Structurally Flexible Enzymes : Applications for Antiviral Drug Development
Sammanfattning : The use of a surface plasmon biosensor fills a missing link in kinetic studies of enzymes, since it measures directly the interaction between biomolecules and allows determination of parameters that are determined only indirectly in activity assays. The present thesis deals with kinetic and dynamic aspects of ligand binding to two viral enzymes: the human cytomegalovirus (HCMV) protease and the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 reverse transcriptase (HIV-1 RT). LÄS MER
4. Modeling the Interaction Space of Biological Macromolecules: A Proteochemometric Approach : Applications for Drug Discovery and Development
Sammanfattning : Molecular interactions lie at the heart of myriad biological processes. Knowledge of molecular recognition processes and the ability to model and predict interactions of any biological molecule to any chemical compound are the key for better understanding of cell functions and discovery of more efficacious medicines. LÄS MER
5. Safety and Efficacy Modelling in Anti-Diabetic Drug Development
Sammanfattning : A central aim in drug development is to ensure that the new drug is efficacious and safe in the intended patient population. Mathematical models describing the pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic (PK-PD) properties of a drug are valuable to increase the knowledge about drug effects and disease and can be used to inform decisions. LÄS MER