Sökning: "Drug Tolerance"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 73 avhandlingar innehållade orden Drug Tolerance.
1. Modelling of tolerance and rebound in normal and diseased rats
Sammanfattning : The development of rebound and tolerance is an important consideration when optimizing medical therapy, both with respect to drug dosing and adverse effects. By using quantitative approaches to study these processes, potential risks can be minimized. LÄS MER
2. Practical Optimal Experimental Design in Drug Development and Drug Treatment using Nonlinear Mixed Effects Models
Sammanfattning : The cost of releasing a new drug on the market has increased rapidly in the last decade. The reasons for this increase vary with the drug, but the need to make correct decisions earlier in the drug development process and to maximize the information gained throughout the process is evident. LÄS MER
3. Behavioral effects of female sex steroid hormones : models of PMS and PMDD in Wistar rats
Sammanfattning : Background Animal models can be used to mimic human conditions of psychopathology, and also as pre-clinical models to evaluate candidate drugs. With hormonal treatment it is possible to produce behavior in the rat which corresponds to the mental symptoms of pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS), and pre-menstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD). LÄS MER
4. Glyceryl Trinitrate Distribution and the "Remarkable Tolerance"
Sammanfattning : To study the distribution of glyceryl trinitrate (GTN), a gas chromatographic method was developed for simultaneous determination of GTN and its dinitrate metabolites in 'plasma and tissues. The distribution of GTN and 1 ,3-g1yceryl dinitrate (1,3-GDN) and 1,2-glyceryl dinitrate (1,2-GDN) was studied in GTN tolerant and nonto1erant rats. LÄS MER
5. Finding improved drug strategies for schizophrenia : Preclinical studies on lumateperone and sodium nitroprusside
Sammanfattning : Schizophrenia is a severe psychiatric disorder affecting approximately 20 million people worldwide. The disease consists of positive symptoms e.g. hallucinations, negative symptoms such as anhedonia, and cognitive deficits, e. LÄS MER