Sökning: "Distributed Cognition"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 28 avhandlingar innehållade orden Distributed Cognition.
1. Distributed cognition in home environments The prospective memory and cognitive practices of older adultsDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : In this thesis I explore how older people make use of, and interact with, their physical environment in home and near-by settings to manage cognitive situations, specifically prospective memory situations. Older adults have in past research been shown to perform better on prospective memory in real-life settings than what findings in laboratory-like settings predict. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Cognitive Science
Sammanfattning : In recent years, the growing scientific interest in design has led to great advances in our knowledge of authentic design processes. However, as these findings go counter to the existing theories in both design research and cognitive science, they pose a serious challenge for both disciplines: there is a wide gap between what the existing theories predict and what designers actually do. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Cognitive Science, Lund University
Sammanfattning : How can tools help structure tasks to make them cognitively easier to perform? How do artefacts, and our strategies for using them, develop over time in cognitively beneficial ways? These are two of the main questions that are explored in the five papers collected in this thesis. The first paper details an ethnographic study conducted on people cooking in their homes. LÄS MER
4. Fördelade kunskapsprocesser i ledningscentraler vid nödsituationer : Koordination och situationsmedvetenhetDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköpings universitet
Sammanfattning : This thesis contributes to an understanding of how people work in co-ordination centres for controlling dynamic environments. It examines several theoretical perspectives that have been used to analyse cognition, co-operation and technology within dynamic decision-making. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Simulations are frequently used techniques for training, performance assessment, and prediction of future outcomes. In this thesis, the term “human-centered simulation” is used to refer to any simulation in which humans and human cognition are integral to the simulation’s function and purpose (e.g., simulation-based training). LÄS MER