Sökning: "Democratic education"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 167 avhandlingar innehållade orden Democratic education.
1. Democracy, education and citizenship : towards a theory on the education of deliberative democratic citizensDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : HLS Förlag
Sammanfattning : The present thesis suggests ideas for a theory on the education of deliberative democratic citizens in a multicultural society in terms of what I have called Eddemcit. It involves a) an ideal view of democracy in communicative and discourse-ethical terms, b) a comprehensive view of an autonomous citizen, c) two conditions for deliberation in terms of opportunity and freedom, d) a core value in terms of conscious social and cultural mediation, e) democratic principles as heuristic devices, f) an understanding of democratic deliberation in terms of intersubjectivity, processes and the better argument. LÄS MER
2. Pluralism and unity in education on education for democratic citizenship and personal autonomy in a pluralist societyDetta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro universitet
Sammanfattning : The overarching theme of this thesis concerns the possibility of balancing the values of unity and pluralism in education in developed nation states characterized by an increasing pluralism when it comes to the beliefs and values of its citizens. The author suggests that democracy has a normative basis in the principle of reciprocity which can be supported in an overlapping consensus by reasonable persons who differ in their moral, religious and philosophical beliefs. LÄS MER
3. Education for Democracy? : Life Orientation: Lessons on Leadeship Qualities and Voting in South African Comprehensive SchoolsDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Acta Universitatis Gothoburgensis
Sammanfattning : This study takes as its starting point how teachers understand, interpret and teach social development aspects of Life Orientation in South African comprehensive schools. The specific focus is on lessons on leadership qualities and voting for third grade learners in four schools, each dominated by either Black, Coloured, White or mixed groups of learners. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Department of Education
Sammanfattning : This thesis is about the recent education reform in Laos as a global and a local process. When the economy was deteriorating in Lao People’s Democratic Republic (PDR), the so called New Economic Mechanism (NEM) was introduced and the country opened up for global donors and markets. This also had an effect on the education system. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : HLS Förlag
Sammanfattning : Support and Resistance discusses the interaction between pupils of different abilities and the school organisation. The dissertation has its point of departure in the views of pupils, both those with special support and their classmates. It outlines how school is – and how it should be – in the views of schoolchildren. LÄS MER